Pitney Bowes Mapping Technician, Location Intelligence in White River Junction, Vermont
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As a Mapping Technician, Location Intelligence for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
• Are passionate about client success.
• Enjoy collaborating with others.
• Strive to exceed expectations.
• Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply.
You are a detail-oriented individual who can methodically analyze spatial data resources and turn those into a high quality data products. You are a forward thinker who enjoys collaboratively finding solutions to spatial data problems to ensure product deliverables are met on time.
• Utilize GIS tools to create and enhance spatial data products with a focus on accuracy and quality
• Update/maintain existing datasets based on new resources
• Perform data quality assessments for topological currency, completeness, correctness, conformance and coverage
• Actively contribute to improvement of product quality and process efficiency
As a Map Technician, Location Intelligence you have:
• A bachelor’s degree in Geography (GIS concentration), Computer Science (focus on spatial data) or related field
• Familiarity with multiple GIS software tools potentially including but not limited to: MapInfo, QGIS, ArcGIS
• An understanding of spatial data and data collection
• An understanding of public data sets and their acquisition and use
• An ability to research and find solution to common spatial data problems and processing issues
• An ability to work toward and meet deadlines
• SQL and or a working knowledge of Jira and Agile practices a plus
• Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
• Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
• Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
• Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com)
Our global Innovation team is dedicated to using the best-in-class tools, processes and modern architectures to create great experiences for our clients. In a rapidly changing world, we have a clear technical vision for our future that includes SaaS, APIs, Big Data, Advanced Analytics, Mobile and the Internet of Things. We are also focused on creating great client experiences, utilizing a Design Thinking platform and approach.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
Job: Information Technology
Title: Mapping Technician, Location Intelligence
Location: VT-White River Junction
Requisition ID: 177922