Pitney Bowes Data Librarian in White River Junction, Vermont
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As a Resource Librarian for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
• Have strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Enjoy collaborating with others.
• Strive to support team members and suppliers.
• Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
A passionate resource librarian who can derive client insights, influence and collaborate with a variety of teams. You are a forward thinker who acts with purposefulness and speed and is committed to championing new ideas and creativity while using humor and positivity to build a winning team.
• Function as Subject Matter Expert for Resource Catalog for the Data Line of Business (LOB) and bring professional organization to the vast data resources of the Data LOB
• Catalog all incoming resources into SDP in an accurate and timely manner
• Maintain suppliers list in SDP
• Support engineering teams with usage of resources from SDP
• Perform incoming inspection checks on data resources as needed using GIS software & SQL queries as needed
• Recommend improvements on incoming data resources and on supplier data practices
• Generate and communicate reports on supplier performance against required standards of Pitney Bowes resources
• Generate and communicate reports on resource usage and identify waste (for example, unused resources)
• Collaborate with SDP team to improve resource catalog functions
As a Resource Librarian, you have:
• Additionally, experience and proficiency with industry GIS software needed, including ability to perform SQL queries
• Previous Digital Librarian experience desired
• Python scripting ability a plus
• Ability to understand and document data flows in and between the different systems/applications
• Ability to map data from a data source to target tables in the data library
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, including experience working with culturally diverse and geographically distributed teams
• Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
• Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
• Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
• Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com)
Our Software team powers global commerce, processing billions of transactions every year. Our Software technology and solutions help businesses operate faster and more efficiently. How? By identifying trusted data and insights to create targeted, effective messaging, by providing accurate geographic data to make smarter business decisions, and by delivering relevant and engaging interactions across the customer lifecycle to drive increased satisfaction.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
Job: Information Technology
Title: Data Librarian
Location: VT-White River Junction
Requisition ID: 180448