Pitney Bowes Director, Government & Regulatory Affairs in Washington, District Of Columbia
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As a Director, Government & Regulatory Affairs for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
You will be part of a team responsible for creating and implementing our public policy and advocacy plans and strategies in Washington DC. You’ll have the opportunity and responsibility, in a high intensity and fast paced environment, to coordinate efforts with multiple internal clients, our businesses. You will learn and understand their business objectives and translate the current environment and policy trends with them, particularly in the areas of customs, mailing, shipping, tax, and trade. You will prioritize the government and regulatory actions that will enable us to achieve our company’s objectives. You will be a leader in the team’s efforts to effectively advocate Pitney Bowes’ interests before multiple government organizations, including regulators. You’ll manage engagement with the company’s key stakeholders, including industry associations, as we partner to achieve our shared objectives
If this sounds like you, then you may be a great fit for Pitney Bowes
• Independently represent Pitney Bowes and our positions with a variety of government, policy makers, regulatory authorities and industry associations by developing and maintaining effective relationships at the middle and senior levels;
• Utilize knowledge of industry trends and developments to connect this information and policy and regulatory developments with appropriate internal clients, analyze its implications for the company, and determine our point of view.
• Coordinate across multiple businesses and functions within the company to communicate policy priorities to external stakeholders, including industry associations.
• Determine how to effectively influence on issues of importance to the company using a range of resources and channels
• Minimum five years’ experience in a hands on, strategic, policy role or in an advisory position with government, corporate government affairs or an industry association
• Experience working with and advising senior management in an organization, particularly in a global or multinational environment
• Bachelor's in Political Science, International Affairs, or History preferred
• Ability to comprehend and translate complex legal, policy and regulatory developments into briefs for a business audience.
• Superior oral and written capabilities
• Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
• Effective decision making ability
• Demonstrated competence in strategic planning and multi-tasking in a high pressure and demanding environment
• Ability to work independently with minimal daily direction
• Some travel required
• Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
• Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
• Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
• Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com)
At Pitney Bowes, our passionate and ambitious team delivers innovations that help clients navigate the complex and always evolving world of commerce: from helping them use data to market to the best customers, to enabling the sending of parcels and packages efficiently, to securing payments through statements and invoices. In everything we do, we deliver accuracy and precision to drive meaningful impact.
If you are the right fit, apply now .
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
Title: Director, Government & Regulatory Affairs
Requisition ID: 172028