Pitney Bowes Vice President-Global Tax in Stamford, Connecticut
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As a Vice President Global Tax for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
• Are passionate about client success.
• Enjoy collaborating with others.
• Strive to exceed expectations.
• Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
If this sounds like you, then you may be a great fit for Pitney Bowes
As Vice President, Global Tax reports directly to the Chief Accounting Officer, in a role with high visibility to executive management and the Company’s audit committee of the Board of Directors. This position provides proactive leadership for the global tax function of more than 20 tax professionals. The VP, Global Tax is responsible for developing, implementing, managing and defending the Company’s worldwide tax strategies, global direct and indirect tax compliance, and financial tax reporting.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the Tax function, including but not limited to:
• Provide leadership and oversight for all tax matters.
• Recruit, train, develop and mentor Company tax professionals.
• Identify, evaluate and consult with tax advisors to best position the Company with respect to tax planning strategies.
• Partner with accounting/finance and business personnel to identify and implement tax planning opportunities.
• Play an active role in the development of tax planning strategies, including those related to changing tax laws and regulations.
• Ensure the corporation maintains up-to-date tax expertise and awareness of federal, state and international tax laws and their impact on the company.
• Lead, manage and supervise all aspects of quarterly and annual accounting for income taxes and related financial reporting.
• Ensure proper application of ASC 740 and other tax accounting pronouncements, including those related to uncertain tax positions. Manage financial close cycle calendar in coordination with the Company’s controllership organization.
• Maintain strong relationship with external auditors. Interface with outside tax consultants (accounting and tax counsel) and other professional associates related to all tax matters.
• Responsible for related Sarbanes-Oxley internal control requirements, including monitoring the execution of tax policies, procedures and controls
• Provide oversight and coordination for the annual preparation of tax returns and defense of returns upon audit by tax authorities, including those related to income tax, state/local tax and value added tax.
• Work closely with other groups to efficiently obtain required tax data and automate tax reporting processes and procedures.
The Vice President, Global Tax will have significant experience in leading tax teams establishing strong business, tax processesand strategic frameworks, timely financial and management reporting and driving critical financial decisions. The ideal candidate has significant experience in a global tax organization,Big Four public accounting, law firm or a comparable corporate tax department. Other professional qualifications include:
• Significant experience in tax planning, tax accounting and tax reporting. Ideal candidates will be experienced professionals who are familiar with tax planning, reporting, compliance and strategy, and possess strong team leadership skills.
• Experience in a complex, global Company.
• Ability to identify issues quickly and manage key risks.
• Ability to prioritize, problem solve and handle multiple tasks.
• Innovative, takes initiative, highly motivated and change agent.
• Insightful, with a point of view on relevant issues.
• Executive presence and with strong presentation skills. Ability to collaborate effectively with senior management, internal business units and external advisors.
• Strong coaching and mentoring skills with a focus on people development, knowledge sharing and encouraging the team to grow and take on new responsibilities.
• Comfortable with bringing in and managing outside advisors as needed to assist on various tax matters.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
• Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
• Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
• Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com
At Pitney Bowes, our passionate and ambitious team delivers innovations that help clients navigate the complex and always evolving world of commerce: from helping them use data to market to the best customers, to enabling the sending of parcels and packages efficiently, to securing payments through statements and invoices. In everything, we do, we deliver accuracy and precision to drive meaningful impact.
If you are the right fit, apply now.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
Title: Vice President-Global Tax
Requisition ID: 172006