Pitney Bowes US Senior Accountant in Shelton, Connecticut
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As a Senior Accountant, Global eCommerce for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We are actively looking for prospects who:
• Are passionate about client success.
• Enjoy collaborating with others.
• Strive to exceed expectations
• Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions
A performance driven Individual who understands financial information, transactional accounting, and internal controls. You are relationship orientated and will be responsible for supporting the day to day accounting operations of the Global eCommerce General Accounting Organization. You will ensure that financial activities are aligned with Company goals and objectives, in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles, and in compliance with government regulations and Pitney Bowes Corporate Accounting policies.
• Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations in compliance with Company standards and policies as well as drive improvements to our documentation and processes.
• Help create, improve, and conduct detailed balance sheet account reconciliations that will support process improvement and standardization.
• Assist with continuous improvement, automation, and internal control initiatives in support of corporate strategies; for example, you will be expected to drive automation of certain accounting tasks.
• Generate ad-hoc financial reports, perform general ledger account analysis and technical accounting research as requested.
• Work actively with cross-functional teams to drive project completion impacting various accounting and finance areas.
• Actively support internal and external audits including preparation of audit support and responding to auditor inquiries.
• Facilitate the enhancement of internal controls and account reconciliation processes and ensure the effective implementation and ongoing operating effectiveness of a best in class controls environment.
As a Senior Accountant, you have:
• Bachelor’s degree in accountancy.
• At least 5 years of similar experience, which is likely to include at least 2 years in public accounting.
• Knowledge of US GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley regulations.
• An understanding of the financial close process, including intercompany accounting
• Knowledge of internal controls and how to effectively implement them.
• The ability to evaluate process effectiveness and determine appropriate actions to improve through incremental actions
• Ability to understand complex accounting matters and work independently with limited supervision.
• An analytical mindset and ability to identify sources of financial fluctuations.
• Must be able to effectively communicate and present complex technical and functional analysis and ideas to management.
• Master’s degree and/or a current CPA (or equivalent) license
• Experience with SAP and/or HFM
• eCommerce and/or logistics industry experience
• Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
• Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
• Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
• Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com)
Pitney Bowes Global Ecommerce provides a comprehensive range of global ecommerce and cross-border shipping solutions that help U.S. U.K. and Australian retailers and online marketplaces reach consumers around the world. Pitney Bowes, a market leader in global ecommerce solutions, continues to expand and grow its digital commerce businesses.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
Title: US Senior Accountant
Requisition ID: 180603