Pitney Bowes US GEC Warehouse Accounting Manager (Remote Opportunity) in Shelton, Connecticut
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As a Warehouse Accounting Manager for Global E-Commerce for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate .
We actively look for prospects who:
• Are passionate about client success.
• Enjoy collaborating with others.
• Strive to exceed expectations.
• Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
A performance driven Leader who understands financial information, transactional accounting, and internal controls. You are relationship orientated and will partner with Operations and the Business Unit Controller in the leadership and management of the global e-commerce general accounting organization.
• Oversee fixed assets and warehouse accounting including accounting for warehouse accruals, facility expenses such as rent & occupancy costs and take ownership of the month end closing process to ensure a timely close with accurate financial results.
• Partner closely with Operations and warehouse finance to understand risks and opportunities within the business and understand the corresponding accounting impact.
• Review journal entries and account reconciliations in compliance with Company standards and policies as well as drive improvements to documentation and process.
• Oversee and take ownership of the day to day management of the Warehouse accounting team (2 direct reports) to enable the delivery of quality financial reporting in an efficient manner.
• Facilitate the enhancement of internal controls and account reconciliations and ensure the implementation and ongoing operating effectiveness of a best in class control environment.
• Lead projects in the warehouse accounting space including asset confirmations and tagging as well as accounting for new facility additions.
• Perform Balance Sheet & P&L Analytics and explain variances which get presented to Senior Management
• Coordinate with external auditors to provide audit requests, documentation and backup as well as address any open questions.
• Partner with Finance to review monthly results and investigate P&L variances from forecast and prior periods.
As a Warehouse Accounting Manager , you have:
• A bachelor’s degree in accountancy (or related field)
• At least 2 years of experience with a Big 4 or nationally recognized public accounting firm
• 5+ years in private industry evidencing roles of growth and expanding responsibility
• An understanding of the financial close process, including journal entries, internal controls, fixed assets and accruals
• Experience managing people and driving cohesive teaming in a rapidly changing environment
• Excellent communication skills with functions outside of Accounting.
• The ability to evaluate process effectiveness and determine appropriate actions to improve
• Experience with SAP, Oracle EBS, SQL and HFM
• Master’s degree in accounting or Finance
• CPA License
• eCommerce and/or logistics industry experience
• Project Management experience a plus
• Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
• Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
• Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
• Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com)
Pitney Bowes Global Ecommerce provides a comprehensive range of global ecommerce and cross-border shipping solutions that help U.S. U.K. and Australian retailers and online marketplaces reach consumers around the world. Pitney Bowes, a market leader in global ecommerce solutions, continues to expand and grow its digital commerce businesses.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
Women/Men/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBTQ are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.