Pitney Bowes US Cross Border Staff Accountant in Shelton, Connecticut
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As a Cross-Border Staff Accountant , for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
• Are passionate about client success.
• Enjoy collaborating with others.
• Strive to exceed expectations.
• Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
A performance driven Individual who understands financial information, transactional accounting, and internal controls. You are relationship orientated and will be responsible for supporting the day to day accounting operations of the Cross-border business within Global E-Commerce. You will ensure that financial activities are aligned with Company goals and objectives, in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles, and in compliance with government regulations and Pitney Bowes Corporate Accounting policies.
• Get to partner with Finance, Product and other cross-functional groups on new initiatives driving business growth.
• Actively engage with senior members of the E-Commerce Accounting team to develop innovative solutions to challenges.
• Perform monthly closing activities including recording manual journal entries and ensuring appropriate support.
• Streamline processes and identify efficiencies to make the month end close process run more smoothly.
• Reconcile accounts on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis depending on the risk level & identify areas of improvement.
• Assist with continuous improvement, automation, and internal control initiatives in support of corporate strategies.
• Generate ad-hoc financial reports and perform account analysis to understand what’s driving changes in the Financials.
• Work actively with cross-functional teams to drive process and project completion.
• Actively support internal and external audits including preparation of audit support and responding to auditor inquiries.
• Complete corporate reporting requests such as HFM roll-forwards, analytics & other related inquiries
As Cross-Border Staff Accountant, you have:
• Bachelor’s degree in accountancy.
• At least 2 years of similar and/or public accounting experience.
• Knowledge of US GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley regulations.
• An analytical mindset and ability to identify sources of financial fluctuations.
• Must be able to effectively communicate and present complex technical and functional analysis and ideas to management.
• Experience with Excel, SAP, SQL, and/or HFM
• eCommerce and/or logistics industry experience
• Master’s degree and/or a current CPA (or equivalent) license
• Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
• Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
• Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
• Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com)
Pitney Bowes Global Ecommerce provides a comprehensive range of global ecommerce and cross-border shipping solutions that help U.S. U.K. and Australian retailers and online marketplaces reach consumers around the world. Pitney Bowes, a market leader in global ecommerce solutions, continues to expand and grow its digital commerce businesses.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please apply!
Title: US Cross Border Staff Accountant
Requisition ID: 177452