Pitney Bowes IT Communications Technical Writer in Shelton, Connecticut
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As an IT Communications Technical Writer for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate .
We actively look for prospects who:
• Are passionate about client success.
• Enjoy collaborating with others.
• Strive to exceed expectations.
• Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
A self-motivated Contributor who can support the Office of the CIO, as well as other facets of the IT Department by providing communications across the PB organization, bridging complex technical concepts to business users. Leveraging a good understanding of IT technologies, concepts and language to develop communications for everyone from end users to Executive leadership. You are a loyal individual who has an inherent passion for detail, IT technology and a desire to work with and communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences. You will provide communications driving change adoption across security, applications and end user computing areas while supporting all internal and executive communications.
• Partner with the Corporate Communications group to develop integrated communications programs and ensure development and delivery of consistent messages that achieve the organization’s and program's outcomes.
• Work closely with the Information Technology executive team, project managers, and IT staff across functional areas to strategize, plan and implement high quality communications on IT enhancements, changes, programs and applications.
• Support communication needs for PB executive leadership team, including: Town Halls, executive messaging, employee briefings, newsletters, presentations, and business-related communications
• Develop and maintain standards for technical documentation including things like network diagrams, topologies, design documents.
• Provide expertise to translate technical concepts, documents and changes into common language for communications to end users, PB leadership and executives.
• Be a change agent using multiple communication tools to help the PB internal organization with adoption of new and/or changes to the IT and Security landscape.
As an IT Communication Technical Writer , you have:
• 3+ years of experience as an effective technical writer in the Information Technology space
• Bachelor's degree
• Experience writing executive level briefings
• Ability to communicate clearly and to interact effectively at all levels of the organization, and to influence as reasonable and appropriate
• Good understanding of the information technologies landscape, concepts and language (network, applications, end user computing, security …)
• Excellent people skills, with the ability to work independently and with groups
• High level proficiency in Microsoft products including SharePoint
• Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
• Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
• Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
• Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com)
At Pitney Bowes, our passionate and ambitious team delivers innovations that help clients navigate the complex and always evolving world of commerce: from helping them use data to market to the best customers, to enabling the sending of parcels and packages efficiently, to securing payments through statements and invoices. In everything, we do, we deliver accuracy and precision to drive meaningful impact.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
Women/Men/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBTQ are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.