Pitney Bowes DevOps Database Engineer in Shelton, Connecticut
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As a DevOps Database Engineer I for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
• Are passionate about client success.
• Enjoy collaborating with others.
• Strive to exceed expectations.
• Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
As a DevOps Database Engineer I at Pitney Bowes, you thrive on working with all aspects of Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL and Mongo database development and support in a cloud/3 tier/customer hosted enterprise application environment. The ideal candidate will have coarse work in database technology.
The expectation is for this position to function within a DevOps culture providing database experience, working with latest versions of My SQL, SQL Server (MSSQL) and/or Mongo and cloud technologies. You must be able to see opportunities where others see challenges.
Build. Deploy. Bridge. Grow.
In this role, you will join our Global Ecommerce Database team within the Engineering organization in Shelton, CT location.
• Perform daily database administration tasks including monitoring, troubleshooting, and remediation activities
• Plan and conduct structured testing of database designs to confirm functionality and performance, optimize and tune database schemas, stored procedures, triggers, dynamic queries, and work with developers to implement complete solutions.
• Develop and maintain database integrity, security, HA, DR planning.
• Implement DB deployment automation and automation of routine DB administration tasks using DevOps automation technologies.
• Experience with AWS technical essentials such as RDS, EC2, S3, security and networking.
• Actively participate in the requirements specification process with project teams to gain experience help define technical requirements, scope, and limitations.
• Maintain and implement database change control, release process for all production and non-production environments.
• Participate in ongoing monthly and quarterly maintenance activities including patching cycles, upgrade cycles, security and auditing cycles
• Ability to work in a in a global team, interacting/coordinating with colleagues across the world to ensure highest levels of service. Must be willing to assume on-call support as needed on off business hours and weekends.
• Communicate clearly in coordinating with infra IT teams and support groups to troubleshoot and resolve database issues and escalations, or to perform builds and deployments.
• Maintaining and contributing to internal team-knowledge documents/runbooks and SMTD and DB development based on policies, guidelines and standards.
As a DevOps Database Engineer I, you have:
• A candidate must be a self-motivated, great team player, able to work independently, and willing and able to align with project management’s priorities.
• BS degree with courses in database technology
• Professional experience gained from previous job or internship in the following areas:
o Administering MSSQL Active-Active, Active-Passive Cluster, Peer to peer replication, transactional replication and/or online reorg/reindexing.
o Knowledge of internal structure of indexes, statistics and system information schemas.
o performance tuning and optimization
o supporting large database batch jobs, data transformations, T-SQL, stored procedures, triggers, database partitioning, log shipping, SSIS, and data encryption.
o On online / offline reorg / re-indexing, Database backups, restores / recovery
o HA and DR including Log shipping, mirroring and Always-On technologies, with emphasis on work experience with Windows OS
o Experience with source control systems, database versioning and release processes.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
• Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
• Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
• Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com)
At Pitney Bowes, our passionate and ambitious team delivers innovations that help clients navigate the complex and always evolving world of commerce: from helping them use data to market to the best customers, to enabling the sending of parcels and packages efficiently, to securing payments through statements and invoices. In everything, we do, we deliver accuracy and precision to drive meaningful impact
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
Title: DevOps Database Engineer
Requisition ID: 183994