Pitney Bowes SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER in Pune, India
Use your skills working with Dot Net experience to build and enhance large scale distributed applications. As a Dot Net engineer, you will be part of a core development team ensuring the systems are modern, optimally designed and fail safe. You will be responsible for leading and executing major product roadmap initiatives. You will be responsible for enhancing and automating areas of distributed applications. This position is located at our Pune office.
• Design, develop, code and test software systems, or applications for software
• Collaborate with developers, interaction and visual designers, and business stakeholders to deliver responsive user experiences on schedule
• Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable operational process and code.
• You will be responsible to ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
• Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues
• Practice Agile methodologies
• Challenge the norm, yet deliver commitments on time
• Have the drive and passion to ensure consistent end-to-end user experience
Qualifications & Skills required
Strong knowledge of .NET web framework
• UG - B.Tech/B.E. OR PG – M.S. / M.Tech
• 6+ years developing web-based applications
• Strong proven experience in .NET Framework 4.x
• Strong knowledge of .NET Core
• Proven experience with C#, ASP.NET, MVC, WCF, ADO.NET, Web Services, REST API, IIS
• Proven experience with Design Patterns
• Experience developing with Containers
• Good working knowledge of SQL / SQL Server
• Knowledge with Microservices, Service-Oriented Architecture
• Understanding of Cryptography
• Experience in Cloud Technology is a plus
• Good understand of DevOps tools – Jenkins, Urban Code, Nexus
• Understanding of object-oriented programming
• Skill for writing reusable libraries
• Experience with popular web application frameworks
• Knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable code
• Understanding of fundamental design principles for building a scalable application
• Basic understanding of Common Language Runtime (CLR), its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds
• Self-starter and able to efficiently manage and estimate time
• Disciplined programmer, clean hand-written code, iteratively build and test
• Excellent communication skills, able to participate and interact with teams
• Agile methodologies, pair/peer programming, collaboration with developers
• Working closely with server-side and ISS teams
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
Women/Men/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBTQ are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.