Pitney Bowes Senior Quality Assurance Software Engineer in Pune, India
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be part of the Client Application Services team that supports and maintains mission critical enterprise applications. You will be involved in development of application test automation framework – functional and performance. These applications are a combination of hardware and software elements and present a unique challenge in terms of automation. You will be learning about the supported Products and related technologies. You will be working closely with the SME teams in US and India who have expertise on the applications to guide you with the automation. You will be collaborating with the Global Product Managers and SMEs in carrying out your day to day activities. You will have access to various development, testing, monitoring and troubleshooting tools that you would be using to do an investigation and resolve issues. Your primary role and responsibilities will be as below:
• Develop, maintain, and operate the software test automation framework in Microfocus toolset – Silk4j, Silk-Central
• Develop automated test scripts and suites for existing and new functionality.
• Plug the test automation framework in the CI/CD pipeline of the applications.
• Ensure that the framework is reliable, scalable and up to date with the latest application and dependent features.
• Support the operational environment that provides the company client facing applications and meets the requirements of service availability and recoverability
• Routinely identifies technical and operational problems by observing and studying system architecture, functionality and performance results
• Improves operational quality results by studying, evaluating, and recommending process re architecting, implementing changes, contributing information and opinion with Engineering, Testing & Product teams to be aligned with Business
• Demonstrate Ownership and accountability
• Demonstrate leadership and drive the team to achieve goals
• Ability to work as a team and individually for troubleshooting/investigating problems
• Ready for onsite travel for knowledge transfer or related activities
This is a critical software development role requiring experience with complex transactional and large scale applications. Pitney Bowes product hosting solutions leverage multiple technologies in complex data center and cloud environments that support multi-tiered high-availability applications. The role requires a talented self-directed individual with a strong work ethic and the following skills:
• 3-6 years relevant experience in Java Application development
• Hands on coding, unit testing and debugging knowledge in Core java, Java unit testing frameworks
• Hands on coding knowledge in Html, JSP, Java Script
• Good knowledge in Selenium web drivers apis.
• Able to write, execute and analyse automated functional tests using Silk4j and Silk Central (Microfocus tools), Silk TrueLog explorer.
• Strong CI/CD skills, good hands on experience with tools such as Jenkins, Urban Code, SVN, Nexus
• Good knowledge in multi-tier Web application architecture and various logical layers.
• Good to have knowledge and experience in performance test scenarios development – Silk Performer
o Customize user input data and session handling to simulate multiple user scenario
o Configure user types and define workloads by simulating with various web browsers
o Execute work load and record application performance metrics
o Analyze test results from Test Summary Report and understand where exactly system stressed
• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills at all management levels
• Ability to work with diverse and distributed product teams
Pitney Bowes, a global technology company, provides shipping & mailing solutions, data management software, and location intelligence offerings, powering billions of physical and digital transactions in the connected and borderless world of commerce. Helping clients achieve their greatest commerce potential are Pitney Bowes' 16,000+ passionate employees around the world, our relentless pursuit of innovation with over 2,300 active patents, and our focus on clients, who are at the center of all that we do - from small businesses to 90% of the Fortune 500.
• Graduate or Post Graduate (preferably in computer science or related course)
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
Women/Men/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBTQ are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.