Pitney Bowes FDR- SYSTEMS ENGINEER in Pune, India
This individual is responsible for maintaining and improving the company’s systems infrastructure to include support of development, quality assurance and production computing platforms. Individual will provide technical consultation, research and analysis of business requirements and system technologies in order to formulate and recommend technology plans, system architecture and strategy and assist in the implementation. This position is responsible for the development of hardware and software specifications, participates in the development of project plans, and has primary responsibility for meeting specified application and data availability performance standards. This includes, but is not limited to, all system infrastructure hardware and software, server management, security, storage and disaster recovery systems. Individual will provide innovative approaches to developing and supporting applications and will initiate and develop good practices, processes and procedures.
Job duties and responsibilities
Support a server and storage infrastructure that has high availability, is consistently measured and monitored, and minimizes administrative costs.
Maintain enterprise monitoring and utility programs to monitor and report on system and application availability and performance against overall system service level criteria including reporting of capacity, utilization, trending and forecasting of systems.
Monitor and maintain disaster recovery plan and system backup policies as part of team for the entire corporate infrastructure to ensure data integrity and disaster preparedness.
Design and deploy innovative platform support methodologies and tools.
Drive innovation into technology platform to increase data reliability & reduce support efforts.
Eliminate routine administration and monitoring tasks through automation.
Conducts research and analysis of new tools and technologies to improve existing solutions and to fulfill new system requirements.
Provide hardware and software support on installed systems to include the configuration, maintenance and update of these platforms to include consolidation & tuning as needed.
Promptly respond to platform, application and data process problems in local and remote locations on a 24x7 basis.
Help Systems Engineers and Software Engineers develop functional expertise with computing systems in use at Newgistics.
Create and maintain documentation of computing platforms and technologies.
Contribute to efforts by accomplishing assigned tasks. Provides regular status and project information to upper management including regular trends and statistics of the systems and overall health and metrics of the current infrastructure.
Qualifications & Skills required
• B.Tech/B.E. OR PG – M.S. / M.Tech
• 4-6 years as Systems Engineer with hands on experience.
• Excellent technical and practical skills with proven expertise and experience in technologies used in Newgistics computing systems to include, but not limited to, planning, management and administration of the following:
Microsoft Windows Server, Virtualization /VMware, Server Clustering, MS Active Directory, Enterprise monitoring, Enterprise backup, MS SQL Server, Intel-based server hardware, Network Protocols, DNS/DHCP, MS IIS, MS BizTalk, Active Batch, SolarWinds, MS Exchange, MS SharePoint Server, System Mgmt Tools, LanDesk, etc. Experience with Cisco UCS, EMC/Pure Storage, Disaster Recovery, Nutanix and Linux a plus.
• Strong knowledge with Microsoft technologies, especially Windows Server, SQL Server, BizTalk, Active Directory, File Services, RDS. Knowledge of IIS, DHCP/DNS a plus.
• Strong knowledge with VMware technologies like ESX and vSphere. Knowledge of advanced products like SRM a plus.
• Experience with monitoring solutions such as SolarWinds, Zenoss and Site 24x7. Familiarity with Dynatrace or MS SQL profiling a plus.
• Familiarity with storage solutions, especially EMC technologies. Knowledge of advanced products like VPLEX and RecoverPoint a plus.
• Superb troubleshooting and analytical abilities with accuracy and attention to detail and the ability to solve problems under pressure and tight deadlines.
• Must have strong sense of urgency and a “can-do” attitude. Must be “goal oriented” and “proactive” with relentless focus on results.
• Motivated, self-directed work ethic, willing to aggressively pursue individual and team goals
• Ability to balance multiple projects with demanding deadlines.
• Some development / scripting and database query experience especially PowerShell and MS SQL.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and organizational skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels. Ability to collect requirements and conduct briefings / presentations. Ability to document policies and procedures, proposals, system configuration and change information.
• Must be able to see the “big picture” and be flexible and open-minded.
• Experience with the implementation of process, procedures and result metrics for the purpose of continuous operational improvement and SLA creation and adherence.
• Strong interpersonal skills and “Customer service attitude”. Ability to work well with people / teams and develop and maintain effective working relationships.
• Strong understanding of planning, design, implementation and support of web-based applications.
• This position requires flexibility in working hours. The incumbent will be required, on occasion, to work evenings, weekends and holidays and is subject to being on-call.
• Microsoft certification preferred (MCP, MCSE, MCSA or equivalent experience).
• B.Tech/B.E. OR PG – M.S. / M.Tech
• 2-4 years of Security Experience Required.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
Women/Men/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBTQ are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.