Pitney Bowes Advisory Software Engineer in Pune, India
As a Senior Software Engineer (Senior ETL Developer) who enjoys building innovative new user experiences for business and operations users that are intuitive and high performing. The Senior ETL Developer will have deep knowledge of developing and supporting existing/new systems and applications. The Senior ETL Developer position is responsible for the integration of enterprise data by developing, testing and implementing ETL processes/applications.
This person will work with a highly-integrated, cross-discipline agile team and will be responsible for building and supporting modern ETL services for cross systems, applications and Business Intelligence.
You are expected to be hands on and up to date with the latest technology stack. If this type of position motivates you, tell us why you are the right person for this challenging role!
• Support and maintain existing ETL processes/flows
• Analyzes, designs, build, test, and implement integration technology solutions that meet the specifications of a project or service request
• Develop new ETL solutions with a focus on performance, reliability, durability, data quality and SLA expectations
• Effectively utilizes standard enterprise tools to develop or implement technical solutions; experience in one or more of the following preferred
o Informatica Power Center / Power Exchange
o Talend DI,DQ,TAC (must)
• Adhere to standards and best practices, processes, and deliverables in accordance with modern standards
• Provide strong technical guidance working closely with engineers and business users to deliver accurate/effective ETL services and data quality
• Develop automated data audit and validation processes
• Document ETL and data warehouse processes and flows
• Work closely with business analysts to understand requirements and develop solutions
• Create Power BI Dashboards.
• Develop new ETL solutions using Kafka/S3
• Participate in design review sessions and ensure all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications
• Work with cross-functional teams to design and develop innovative solutions that meets the needs of our customers
• Evaluate and incorporate new technologies into new and existing frameworks and solutions as applicable
• Collaborate with and mentor members of the team and other coworkers
• Be agile and embrace change
Qualifications & Skills required
• UG - B.Tech/B.E. OR PG – M.S. / M.Tech from REC or any other reputed institute
• 5+ years' experience in an ETL development environment with experience working with hands on experience designing and implementing solutions
• Ability to analyze and understand business data requirements and design the best possible ETL process around those goals
• Experience performing detailed data analysis (i.e. determine the structure, content, and quality of the data through examination of source systems and data samples)
• Strong SQL skills including queries, stored procedures, data cleansing and manipulation
• Domain knowledge in E-commerce, fulfillment, transportation services, and/or integration technologies.
• Ability to analyze business requirements and outline solutions
• Ability to work exceptionally effectively in a team environment
• Extensive experience performance tuning, troubleshooting and debugging solutions
• Good written and excellent verbal communication skills are required.
Our passionate and ambitious team delivers innovations that help clients navigate the complex and always evolving world of commerce: from helping, them use data to market to the best customers, to enabling the sending of parcels and packages efficiently, to securing payments through statements and invoices.
Our global Innovation team is dedicated to using the best-in-class tools, processes and modern architectures to create great experiences for our clients. In a rapidly changing world, we have a clear technical vision for our future that includes SaaS, APIs, Big Data, Advanced Analytics, Mobile and the Internet of Things. We are also focused on creating great client experiences, utilizing a Design Thinking platform and approach.
Helping clients achieve their greatest commerce potential are Pitney Bowes' 14,000+ passionate employees around the world, our relentless pursuit of innovation with over 2,300 active patents, and our focus on clients, who are at the center of all that we do - from small businesses to 90% of the Fortune 500.
In everything, we do, we deliver accuracy and precision to drive meaningful impact.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
Women/Men/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBTQ are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.