Pitney Bowes Field Service Technical Manager-Mailing Systems/Office Equipment in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
About the Opportunity
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As a Customer Care Service Manager for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration, and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
As a Customer Care Service Manager at Pitney Bowes, you will be directly accountable for the profitability and overall effective implementation of the customer service function in field and on site locations. This helps our customers manage their workflow as efficiently and as smoothly as possible.
Build. Deploy. Bridge. Grow.
• Manage team resources to ensure service organization meets expectations of sales and customers in regard to service repair and installations as defined by local business needs. Schedule necessary resources to support workload, track performance against established measures and provide feedback to team members and service management.
• Establish and continuously improve communications between customers, field operations, home office and other business units as affected. Schedule visits to customers with and without Service personnel to monitor deliverables to the customer and ensure proper job performance by team members. Establish and maintain a strong presence with key customers. Assist Service and Sales personnel with pre and post sale activities and customer concerns.
• Maximize profits through (a) service revenue generation (i.e.) EMA's, Labor, Parts, Software, and Professional Services (b) productivity improvements and (c) expense management. Implement and assist in the development of service revenue programs in conjunction with Sales. Will have direct day-to-day management of customer service activities to maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of the service operations in line with budget considerations.
• Participate in activities regarding team member recruitment, development, and performance, i.e. job interviews, performance reviews, developmental plans, skill development, define and gain approval in the procurement of tools to perform job and define training requirements.
• Establish and maintain employee morale and motivation by exhibiting role model leadership behaviors.
• Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
• Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
• Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
• Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com)
• Three to Five years’ experience supervising & directing a technical team.
• Strong organizational skills in order to manage multiple resources, exercise good effective time management and prioritizing skills and meet critical deadlines on tasks, commitments, and reporting.
• Excellent analytical skills in evaluation of workload and resource utilization, determination of training requirements and necessary tools.
• Mastery of the Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word & PowerPoint to drive communication to internal & external stakeholders.
• Outstanding written and verbal English communication skills.
• Strong understanding and ability to learn of Pitney Bowes Mailing hardware Products.
• Ability to motivate and manage employees both locally and remotely, measure performance and take appropriate action to correct performance issues.
Within our Small/Medium Business (SMB) Solutions team, we provide a full range of mailing equipment and postage meters, maintenance and support services and supplies that enable our clients to efficiently create mail and evidence postage. We segment our SMB Solutions business between our North America operations, comprising the U.S. and Canadian businesses, and our International operations. We are a leading provider of postage meters and have approximately one million meters installed.
M/F/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
Job: Global Services
Title: Field Service Technical Manager-Mailing Systems/Office Equipment
Requisition ID: 173650
Other Locations: United States-MD-Baltimore, United States-VA-Alexandria, United States-VA-Tysons Corner, United States-MD-Fort Meade, United States-DC-Washington, United States-VA-Arlington, United States-VA-Herndon, United States-MD-Lanham, United States-MD-Hanover