Pitney Bowes Principal Software Engineer in Omaha, Nebraska
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As a Principal Software Engineer for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
• Are passionate about client success.
• Enjoy collaborating with others.
• Strive to exceed expectations.
• Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
A solutions driven Principal Software Engineer who designs, builds, and supports Enterprise applications. You are problem solver who enjoys designing as well as developing robust and high-performance based applications within a fast-paced environment. The applications you will design and develop will not only generate revenue but will also streamline process improvement while implementing standard best practices. You are able to analyze requirements from multiple, diverse stakeholders and extrapolate broad, reusable solutions. You enjoy being a technical leader while delivering and integrating multiple complex software solutions. You are a techno-functional mentor who will translate business requirements into specific designs and/or participate in the design.
This position will sit in Omaha, NE fulltime.
• Analyze, design and develop complex application solutions to achieve business requirements collaborating with Business Stakeholders.
• Implement and own the containerization of stateless software services as we migrate to Kubernetes or Dockers
• Play a central role in architectural evaluations and decisions as we adopt more managed services. Collaborate with the team to communicate the tradeoffs between different architectural approaches.
• Effectively estimate the time it will take for themselves and others to perform tasks and are able to influence the team's work to be completed within those timeframes
• Effectively categorize support problems and respond with the appropriate level of urgency
Code multiple applications preferably multiple functional areas using various technologies.
• Architect solutions for the business problem which maybe beyond their own applications
Scale applications to meet the agreed upon business SLAs.
• Take an active role in the development and implementation of SDLC processes to support quality in an Agile production environment.
• Effectively manage and deliver multiple projects to operational stability
As a Principal Software Engineer, you have:
• 2+ years of experience with modern frontend frameworks (preferably Angular and React)
• Extensive experience in creating rich content Web-Forms, Win-Forms, Web User Controls, Custom Control, Server Controls, Windows Service and Web Service
• Experience developing microservices orchestration with Kubernetes or Docker
• Experience using and implementing RESTful APIs
• Practical experience with architecture, implementation, and operation of complex multi-vendor, multi-server network infrastructures in support of a mission-critical enterprise environment.
• Demonstrated experience making architectural decisions based on simplicity, standards, scalability, extensibility, supportability, sustainability, and integrity.
• Experience with agile methodologies, continuous integration, and automated testing
• Familiar experience in working with ADO.NET, Microsoft Entity Framework.
• Experience with major new complex development projects
• Prior experience in technical design of complex software development projects
• Extrapolating business requirements and translating into them technical designs
• Windows Knowledge
• Cloud computing experience with AWS/GCP/Azure
• Proven track record leading web and client-server development projects and working with complex system environments
• Team Leadership
• Experienced with DevOps practice
• Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
• Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
• Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
• Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com)
Our global Innovation team is dedicated to using the best-in-class tools, processes and modern architectures to create great experiences for our clients. In a rapidly changing world, we have a clear technical vision for our future that includes SaaS, APIs, Big Data, Advanced Analytics, Mobile and the Internet of Things. We are also focused on creating great client experiences, utilizing a Design Thinking platform and approach.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
Women/Men/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBTQ are encouraged to apply.
*All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link. *