Pitney Bowes Advisory Devops Software Engineer in Noida, India
As DevOps Engineer, you will be part of the team that designs and develops cloud-based offerings targeting the small and medium sized Pitney Bowes customer base. You will be responsible for deploying, automating, maintaining, troubleshooting and improving the systems that keep the backend infrastructure running smoothly. The role requires you to have hands-on technical experience and a can-do approach towards environment automation / management and continuous improvement. The role will encompass the use of a broad range of AWS technologies, operating systems (Windows, Linux) and application environments (Java, Spring,.net.net core, Angular, Node, SQL Server), with an emphasis on the implementation of best practice cloud security principles. You will be deeply involved in development and operations, collaborating across the organization with architects, product managers and other software developers for DevOps of a cloud solutions in an agile setting. You are expected to be hands on and up to date with the latest technology stack. If this type of position motivates you, tell us why you are the right person for this challenging role!
• Collaborate with application development teams to understand the pain points and recommend appropriate DevOps solution
• Provide DevOps solutions covering areas such as source code management, build automation, deployment automation, test automation, code quality, AWS environment management, monitoring, production release procedures, performance, availability, scalability and security of productions systems.
• Build, release and configuration management of production systems.
• Install, configure & integrate DevOps tools covering various DevOps processes
• Develop scripts (PowerShell, Perl) as required
• System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
• Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
• Evaluate new technology options and vendor products.
• Ensuring critical system security through the use of best in class cloud security solutions
• Design, build and maintain the CI/CD infrastructure
• Design and Develop the test automation to validate the builds in the CI/CD pipeline.
• Work closely with development teams to ensure that solutions are designed with customer user experience, scale/performance and operability in mind.
• Be agile, embrace change and should be able to work independently.
AWS: 4-6 years’ experience with using a broad range of AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, RDS, SQS, S3, VPC, IAM, CloudWatch, Elastic Beanstalk, CloudFront, Route53, Lambada Gateway, CloudFormation, DynamoDB, Data pipeline) to develop and maintain an Amazon AWS based cloud solution, with an emphasis on best practice cloud security. • At least 4+ years’ DevOps experience of large scale, mission critical and high available/scalable solutions.
• At least 4+ years’ DevOps experience of large scale, mission critical and high available/scalable solutions.
• DevOps: Solid experience as a DevOps Engineer in a 24x7 uptime Amazon AWS environment, including automation experience with configuration management tools.
• Scripting Skills: Strong scripting (e.g. Python, Shell, Gradle) and automation skills.
• Should have good knowledge of Ansible for cloud formation.
• Should be having good working knowledge for Docker container, Docker Compose, and Kubernetes environment spinning in Cloud environments
• Good to have EKS services in AWS
• Operating Systems: Linux and Windows system administration.
• Monitoring Tools: Experience with system monitoring tools (e.g. Dynatrace,).
• CD Platform: Experience with CI/CD tools (e.g. Jenkins, Git CI)
• Logging Tools: Experience with logging tools (e.g. Sumologic).
• Problem Solving: Ability to analyse and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues.
• Version Control: Experience administrating version control systems such as Gitlab.
• Networking: Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP).
Pitney Bowes, a global technology company, provides shipping & mailing solutions, data management software, and location intelligence offerings, powering billions of physical and digital transactions in the connected and borderless world of commerce.
Helping clients achieve their greatest commerce potential are Pitney Bowes' 16,000+ passionate employees around the world, our relentless pursuit of innovation with over 2,300 active patents, and our focus on clients, who are at the center of all that we do - from small businesses to 90% of the Fortune 500.
• UG - B.Tech / B.E. OR PG – M.S. / M.Tech in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
Women/Men/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBTQ are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.