Pitney Bowes Development Manager (Applied Technology) REMOTE in Naperville, Illinois
About the Opportunity
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As a Manager of the Applied Technology Group-REMOTE for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration, and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate .
As a Manager of the Applied Technology Group at Pitney Bowes, you will be directly accountable for the centralized development center covering our Mail Creation line of software business services, which includes addressing, document creation, and document management solutions. Currently the ATG provides a wide array of professional services to our client base including pre-sale support, development, installation, and post-install support. The ATG Manager ensures successful integration of these solutions into the overall Pitney Bowes SendTech Global Services Strategy.
Success in this position will be measured in terms of financial results attainment of budgeted professional services revenue, EBIT, incremental revenue growth, development and delivery cycle times, client satisfaction, employee engagement and process effectiveness and efficiency in critical operations.
• A passionate leader who can communicate with your employees and our clients about technology and solutions, both internal as well as external, while influencing and collaborating with a variety of teams for both existing and new products
• Autonomous, high performing, team driven, and have a keen sense for client service and relationship building
• You are a forward thinker who is committed to championing new ideas, strategies or concepts, to ensure projects reach a successful launch
• A leader that will successfully communicate to the product management our tactical business plans and effectively implement throughout the area while dealing with resource planning / allocation, training and product launch support
• An individual that will develop and coordinate joint plans with the Regional Sales VPs, Directors & Sales Professionals and Professional Service Managers to maximize profitability while increasing customer loyalty
• Manage the planning and delivery of pre-sales feasibility, installation services, and remote resolution of the ATG supported line of software based products currently including PBFirst, RelayHub, and Planet Press, with integrated hardware offerings
• Partner with our Poland ATG Center for synergies and efficiencies for improved development cycle times and client time to value.
• Partner with the Professional Services Project Management Office and Professional Services Managers for development timelines and deployment schedules
• Effectively manage within Operating Expense Budgets
• Monitor daily client satisfaction, ensuring escalations from both external clients and internal partners are dealt with the appropriate level of response
• Handle the tactical planning and operational implementation to achieve the Center’s Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
• Work to drive the success of Sales, Business Analysts, Service, Engineering, Technical Support, and Product Management by establishing and maintaining strong relationships
• Manage the education and training of the ATG solutions to our internal partners • Participate in activities regarding team member recruitment, development, and performance, i.e. job interviews, performance reviews, developmental plans, skill development, define and gain approval in the procurement of tools to perform job and define training requirements
• Establish and maintain employee morale and motivation by exhibiting role model leadership
• Minimum of 5 years of Customer Service Business Experience, including planning, operational delivery, and managing centrally and/or agile located workforces
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or equivalent work experience required – Master’s preferred
• Prior development experience highly preferred
• Strong organizational skills in order to manage multiple resources, exercise good effective time management and prioritizing skills and meet critical deadlines on tasks, commitments, and reporting
• Strong planning skills, ability to develop plans that address long-range goal attainment and ensures contingency factors are present
• Experience in Agile software development methodologies is highly desired
• Knowledge of print and digital channel document management and tooling experience is highly desired
• Experience in mailing, data integrity, and mail automation is a plus.
• Excellent analytical skills in evaluation of workload and resource utilization, determination of training requirements and necessary tools
• Mastery of the Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word & PowerPoint to drive communication to internal & external stakeholders
• Outstanding written and verbal English communication skills.
• Ability to motivate and manage employees both locally and remotely, measure performance and take appropriate action to correct performance issues
• Must be able to travel 20%
Within our Sending Technology Solutions (STS) team, we provide a full range of mailing equipment and postage meters, maintenance and support services and supplies that enable our clients to efficiently create mail and evidence postage. We segment our STS business between our North America operations, comprising the U.S. and Canadian businesses, and our International operations. We are a leading provider of postage meters and have approximately one million meters installed. Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
Women/ Men/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.