Pitney Bowes Business Analyst (eCommerce) in London, United Kingdom
Since 2017 Tacit Knowledge is part of Pitney Bowes, a global technology company that provides commerce solutions in the areas of shipping, mailing, data, and e-commerce.
Tacit Knowledge is a software solutions consultancy, specializing in E-commerce, with roots in Silicon Valley. With offices in North America and Europe, we’re a community of like-minded people who craft sustainable software solutions and care about the success of our teammates and clients. Working together, we make technology an enabler for global brands rather than a constraint.
Our business is built on the foundation of attracting, growing and retaining a talented and motivated team. We encourage our employees to speak up, use their initiative and take responsibility.
Problem solvers at heart, we love complex challenges and we've never encountered a problem for which we couldn't find a solution. We leverage our collective experience to deliver optimal results across a broad spectrum of business and technology challenges.
About Business Consulting team:
Our business consulting team is responsible for capturing requirements on all client engagements. The business analyst role is a challenging one, demanding a broad and deep knowledge of all things E-commerce, coupled with a passion to stay abreast of modern digital technologies that are been adopted by our clients in a rapidly changing industry. Our business analysts are at the coalface, advising, guiding and supporting our customers to shape the business solutions that are implemented by our software engineering team. You’ll be involved in variety of projects and undertake the following activities:
· Conduct client interviews and facilitate workshops to capture functional and non-functional requirements.
· Support clients with shaping their business capability models, drawing on Tacit Knowledge’s strong eCommerce expertise and industry best practice.
· Engage with engineering architects to translate business requirements into a roadmap, a product backlog, epics and user stories earmarked for development sprints.
· Work closely with technical teams, quality assurance folk, project managers and client product owners to get users stories ready for development.
· Liaise with UX designers/UI engineers and contribute to user interaction and customer journeys, ensuring design concepts can be translated into functioning websites.
· As part of requirements documentation, you’ll produce a wealth of artefacts to support the development and business process, you’ll benefit from the business consulting knowledge base and artefact library, to which you’ll contribute and refine to improve our collective productivity.
· Often working independently, you’ll be responsible for ensuring sprint deliverables are punctual and oversee your personal time management.
At Tacit Knowledge you will:
· Have a chance to embrace a truly agile environment with its bells and whistles - Standups, Estimations, Retrospectives etc
· Be part of a like-minded team that is result & solution driven
· Establish thought leadership in omni-channel eCommerce for Tacit Knowledge by contributing to white papers, articles and attending conferences.
· Monitor market trends and retail industry to remain informed of latest technologies.
· Direct others to act in accordance with company initiatives, processes and methodology.
· Be exposed to new technologies and cloud based solutions that will challenge legacy platforms and your personal knowledge.
· 5+ years experience working in a professional consulting environment.
· 3+ years experience working in eCommerce industry as BA in a customer facing role.
· Experience in working with enterprise clients.
· Degree qualified in a relevant field.
· Good understanding of project life cycle
· Previous Hybris (SAP Commerce) platform experience.
· Omni-channel experience.
· Experience working in agile development environments.
· Hands on experience with working with merchandisers within the retail sector.
· Understanding of e-commerce business processes for OMS, payment gateways, split baskets, split delivery/fulfilments.
· Understanding of the concepts such as CMS, CDN, DAM, PIM, DSV, stock management.
· Experience working on an Omni-channel implementation.
· Exposure to search engines, SEO & web analytics.
· Experience of Personalisation, ML & DMP, data lakes
More About Us
Founded in 2002 on the premise that talent and experience are key factors in project success, our approach has been to build a global team of vetted technologists. We’re building award-winning commerce sites and experiences on top of leading software vendors such as SAP-Commerce and Adobe Experience Manager.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
Women/Men/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBTQ are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.