Pitney Bowes Facility Transportation Specialist in Grapevine, Texas
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As a US Facility Transportation Support Specialist for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
• Are passionate about client success.
• Enjoy collaborating with others.
• Strive to exceed expectations.
• Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
A service-oriented team member who can take accountability to support both the Operations and Transportation teams in delivering high quality services to internal and external clients. You are a collaborative individual who can execute proper trailer loading and routing to reduce the overall Transportation spend while maintaining exceptional service to our client base. This will be accomplished through load prioritization, load capacity utilization and proactive forecasting of daily linehaul needs. You must be able to work in a high pressure, fast-paced environment and work collaboratively with other Transportation team members, Presort Services, Operations and outside vendors.
• Work closely with the Transportation team to support the inbound and outbound operations for the Newgistics Returns and Delivery business.
• Spend 50% of the day supporting the local facility and the other 50% supporting the National network.
• Monitor and prioritize Presort Direct Mail moving as cross-dock volume through the facility.
• Track and monitor all arrivals and departures. Provide a daily detailed listing of all inbound and outbound loads to Facility Management.
• Communicate all delays and issues to Operations (Facility Management), Account Management, Transportation and Presort services when applicable.
• Ensure that the Delivery customer pickups are picked up on time every day and that the carriers have all information regarding the scheduled pickups to make them successful.
• Support Facility Management and the Transportation Team in implementation of all new customers for both Returns and Delivery.
• Enter the One Ship and Mercury Gate plans as needed. Work collaboratively with the Operations and the Transportation Teams to solve issues related to the One Ship system.
• Develop customer performance reports and ensure the information provided is accurate and complete.
• Track and create reports on key clients for Account Management, Operations and the Transportation Team.
• Create BOL’s and other shipment-related documentation for specific clients on a weekly basis. Monitor for accuracy and perform ongoing audits with the Operations team to help drive improvements.
• Work with the Transportation Vendors to ensure that all inbound and outbound shipments will be picked up and delivered on time. Report all issues to the Operations and Transportation team and provide documented follow up communication.
• Book extra loads with carriers as necessary and log the new loads into TMS (Mercury Gate).
• Be available to assist the Transportation and Operations team as needed for any project and other duties as assigned.
As a US Facility Transportation Support Specialist, you have:
• 2 years of experience related to Transportation or Customer Service
• The ability to work unsupervised for up to ten hours
• The ability to problem solve and work under tight deadlines and schedules
• Excellent customer service skills
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel
• A good understanding of database structures
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
• Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
• Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
• Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com)
Pitney Bowes Commerce Services business is the fastest growing business unit at Pitney Bowes. Our full suite of domestic and cross-border solutions help businesses of all sizes conduct commerce to Sell Farther, Ship Greater, and Completely OverdeliverTM. As the global leader in cross-border ecommerce, we manage the end-to-end international journey for more than 300 retailers, direct merchants and online marketplaces worldwide. Our end-to-end value also includes industry-leading capabilities in fulfillment, shipping, and returns. These solutions are enabled by cloud-based innovation and powerful analytics tools. We’ve unlocked the secret to shipping that sells - helping our clients fulfill their brand promise with an out of box experience you have to see to believe, returns so smart, they have their own zip code.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
Job: Supply Chain
Title: Facility Transportation Specialist
Requisition ID: 180884