Pitney Bowes Intern, GEC Operations Practices in Austin, Texas
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As an Intern, GEC Operations Practices for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
• Are passionate about client success.
• Enjoy collaborating with others.
• Strive to exceed expectations.
• Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
An innovative and ambitious leader who can support the strategy and continuous improvement initiatives for our Delivery, Returns, Fulfillment and Crossborder facilities. A successful candidate is a high performer who has business or engineering experience or line of study in automation, work measurement, continuous improvement, warehouse optimization and consolidation efforts, project management, facility design and implementation, and facility enhancement strategies.
• Develop continuous improvement initiatives including evaluation of current operations, data analysis and implementation of recommended solutions
• Evaluate current business processes and future needs to streamline operations and foster sustainable growth
• Monitor, analyze and recommend ways to improve productivity, service, cost performance and waste reduction in all areas of operations
• Assist with deployment of 5S methodologies across the facilities, focusing on business priorities, efficiency improvement initiatives and the scope of work identified through the planning and design phase
• Design the requirements and work with the BI and data analysis team to develop reporting and new dashboards to ensure productivity, quality and operational KPI’s are tracked and monitored as operational changes and improvements are made. Providing analysis to ensure optimum ROI’s are achieved
As an Intern, GEC Operations Practices, you have:
• You are a Senior/Rising Senior with an interest in Business and/or Engineering or enrolled in MS/MBA program
• Strong analytical skills and structured problem-solving skills
• Ability to manage and prioritize projects
• Process knowledge, planning abilities, problem solving, and organizational skills
• Excellent communication, presentation, and analytical skills
• Proficient skills in MS Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint. SQL knowledge a plus.
• You’re a constant optimist that motivates and excites the people around you
• A strong sense of ownership and take pride in the quality of the work that you deliver
• Strong sense of urgency and the ability to embrace and maximize a changing landscape
• Excels in an innovative and collaborative environment
• Must be a team player with a strong work ethic, as well as excellent people and organizational skills.
• Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career and skill set
• Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
• Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization.
Pitney Bowes Commerce Services business is the fastest growing business unit at Pitney Bowes. Our full suite of domestic and cross-border solutions help busin e sses of all sizes conduct commerce to Sell Farther, Ship Greater, and Completely OverdeliverTM. As the global leader in cross-border ecommerce, we manage the end-to-end international journey for more than 300 retailers, direct merchants and online marketplaces worldwide. Our end-to-end value also includes industry-leading capabilities in fulfillment, shipping, and returns. These solutions are enabled by cloud-based innovation and powerful analytics tools. We’ve unlocked the secret to shipping that sells - helping our clients fulfill their brand promise with an out of box experience you have to see to believe, returns so smart, they have their own zip code.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply .
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
Title: Intern, GEC Operations Practices
Requisition ID: 183918