Pitney Bowes Desktop Support Specialist in Appleton, Wisconsin
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As an Desktop Support Specialist for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate .
We actively look for prospects who:
• Are passionate about client success.
• Enjoy collaborating with others.
• Strive to exceed expectations.
• Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
If this sounds like you, then you may be a great fit for Pitney Bowes
You are :
Performance driven individual who is committed to provide innovative service to our clients. You are approachable and relationship-oriented as you contribute to Pitney Bowes success
You will :
The IT Support Specialist is responsible for providing end-user support for desktop, client-server applications, user print functions, and server-based applications. The position will be responsible for assisting the operations staff with business-specific tasks, such as facilitating proper functionality of production machines and other devices specific to the business. The position will communicate regularly with internal customers, internal and external vendors, and management in the US.
End-user Computer Support
• Microsoft Outlook and e-mail configuration and assistance
• Application installation and support
• Printer setup and troubleshooting
• Other general end-user support and troubleshooting as necessary
Network Infrastructure Support
• Troubleshoot user network connectivity problems
• Work with network team to troubleshoot network device (switch, router, firewall) issues as they arise
• Work with network team to manage data backup processes
IT Inventory Management
• Maintain IT systems in stock to prepare for deployment
• Image and deploy computers and other devices
• IT-related Bachelors degree or a equivalent mix of training and experience
• Experience in logging and tracking problems and requests from open to close, using an issue tracking tools such as JIRA, Heat, Livetime, and Remedy
• Experience with web applications, basic networking (TCP/IP, Firewalls, switches, etc.), and application security
• Strong demonstrable experience with Microsoft operating systems (Windows XP, Windows 7, Server 2003/2008)
• Experience with setup and troubleshooting of all aspects of network printing (network print servers, spoolers, and related devices)
• Experience with imaging software and processes (Ghost, Acronis)
• Experience troubleshooting printer driver and/or hardware issues
• Experience setting up various Windows services such as IIS, FTP, RDP
• General understanding of Active Directory concepts and functions
• General understanding of TCP/IP functions (subnetting, routing, DNS)
• General understanding of database concepts
• High level analytical and problem solving skills, with a demonstrated ability to investigate complex issues and make informed decisions about them when written guidelines are not necessarily available
• Solid written and verbal communications skills
• Solid organizational and documentation skills
We will :
Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com)
Our Team :
At Pitney Bowes, our passionate and ambitious team delivers innovations that help clients navigate the complex and always evolving world of commerce: from helping them use data to market to the best customers, to enabling the sending of parcels and packages efficiently, to securing payments through statements and invoices. In everything we do, we deliver accuracy and precision to drive meaningful impact.
If you are the rightfit, apply now.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
Job: Information Technology
Title: Desktop Support Specialist
Requisition ID: 172330